About Beginner Discover Diving
Never been diving before? No problem! The Discover Scuba Diving course is a one-day program designed to introduce you to the underwater world while using safe practices and minimal training. Scuba diving is a quick and easy-to-understand activity. Your instructor will start by teaching you a few essential skills in shallow water. Once you master those skills and feel comfortable, you will then make your first dive accompanied by your instructor.
Isla Mujeres offers different easy diving locations all just a few minutes from the island. Within the National Marine park, you may choose to explore the Manchones Reef where sea life is abundant. Manchones Reef also holds the world renowned Underwater Museum MUSA, a collection of more than 300 human sized sculptures that were created with the intention to protect the reef and encourage coral growth. The museum is also called the Silent Evolution due its eventual transformation into a complete self sustaining reef ecosystem in the near future. Today’s the museum provides protection for many species and represents a symbol of environmental consciousness.
Please note that this is NOT a certification course, it is an introductory program permitting you to experience scuba diving. If you enjoy this experience and are interested in becoming a certified diver you will need to sign up for a PADI or SDI certification course at our Scuba Diving section.
- Expedition: Beginner Diving course – training & dive
- Location: Manchones Reef and the Underwater Museum MUSA National Park
- Participants Required: 1- 10
- Age of Kids: 10+
- Experience Required: Basic swimming skills
- Availability: All year, departures daily
- Restrictions: Pregnant women, children under the age of 10 and medical problems like respiratory or heart issues
- Languages: English, Spanish, French and German
- Leader: Marco Valera
- Introduction Video
- Shallow water training
- Bilingual instructor
- Tank, Weights, BCD, Regulator, Fins, Mask, Wetsuit
- Coffee in the office
- Snacks or Fruit
- 11:30 am – Meet at the Mexico Divers shop on Isla Mujeres
- 12:00 pm – Shallow water training
- 1:00 pm – Boat departure and reef dive
- 3:00 pm – Return to Mexico Divers shop
Bring sunscreen, towel, sun glasses, hat
Attention this is a Shared Boat Trip!! If you require a Private Trip at any date, please contact us directly to reserve the boat!!
IMPORTANT: We are at the mercy of sea and weather conditions as well as diving for the first time may be challenging for some people so we can’t guarantee the diving success. However, through our training we have a 90% success rate and all the resources to accomplish the activity. We highly recommend to have at least two days of stay on the island for higher success rates and better weather window.
EQUIPMENT: All dive equipment is included in the price.
Beginner Discover Diving – Dive in Manchones Reef and the Underwater Museum MUSA!