scuba diving with soft contact lenses rarely causes problems. However, DAN advises against diving with hard or gas permeable contact lenses as they may suction painfully to the eye due with the increased pressure underwater, or may cause blurry vision when air bubbles becomes trapped between the lens and the eye. When diving with soft lenses, a diver should be sure to close his eyes if he floods or removes his scuba mask to avoid accidentally washing the contact lens away. A diver who uses contact lenses should also consider bringing contact lens rewetting drops along to the dive site. Rewetting drops will help in the extremely rare event that a diver's soft contact lenses become stuck to his eyes from the increased pressure of the dive.
About Reef Diving
Isla Mujeres National Marine Park offers shallow reefs with exciting dive sites, prised for the abundant sealitfe is the reef Manchones witch holds a large number of species including turtles, angel fish, lobsters, sting rays between others. The dive sites are within few minutes close to Isla Mujeres and while you drive along with our boats we offer an opportunity to enjoy the turquoise water and incredible view of Isla Mujeres
Manchones Reef also holds the world known Underwater Museum MUSA, a collection of more than 300 human sized sculptures that were created with the intention to protect the reef and encourage coral grow, this museum is also called the Silent Evolution due his eventually transformation in to a complete reef ecosystem in he near future. Today’s the museum provides protection for many species of juveniles and represents a symbol of environment conscience.
- Expedition: Reef Diving National Park Manchones and MUSA 2 Dives
- Location: Manchones Reef and the Underwater Museum MUSA National Park
- Participants Required: 1- 10
- Age of Kids: 10+
- Experience Required: Open Water Certification
- Availability: All year, departures daily
- Restrictions: Pregnant women, children under the age of 10 and medical problems like respiratory or heart issues
- Languages: English, Spanish, French and German
- Leader: Marco Valera
- Bilingual instructor
- Tanks, Weights, BCD, Regulator, Fins, Mask, Wetsuit
- Coffee in the
- Coffee in the office
- Snacks or Fruit
This activity is possible in 2 Itineraries
- 8:30 am – Meeting at the Mexico Divers shop on Isla Mujeres
- 9:00 am – Boat departure and reef dive
- 9:30 am – First Dive
- 11:00 am -Second Dive
- 12:30 pm – Return to Mexico Divers shop
- 12:30 pm – Meeting at the Mexico Divers shop on Isla Mujeres
- 1:00 pm – Boat departure and reef dive
- 1:30 pm – First Dive
- 3:00 pm -Second Dive
- 4:30 pm – Return to Mexico Divers shop
Bring sunscreen, towel, sun glasses, hat
Attention this is a Shared Boat Trip!! If you require a Private Trip at any date, please contact us directly to reserve the boat!!
IMPORTANT: We are at the mercy of sea and weather conditions as well as diving may be challenging for some people so we can’t guarantee the diving success however through our shop we have an 95% success rate and all the resources to accomplish the activity, we highly recommend to have at least two days of stay on the island for higher success rates and better weather window.
EQUIPMENT: All dive equipment is included in the price, however this does not include dive computer also there is a 10 USD Discount if you provide your own BCD and Regulator only.
Reef Diving Trip, Dive in the National Park of Isla Mujeres & Cancun!